Monday, March 21, 2005

Who do you see about bad bad doctors?

I am beyond cranky at the minute. We took the girl to a doctors last night, he hardly looked at her, he didn't listen to a word I said, leading to much repeating of myself AND he talked on the phone through most of the time I was in his office. Not in the "oh just a second. I really have to take this. Sorry" way but in the way that he picked up the phone whilst I was mid sentence DIALLED and chatted away.

This was after waiting FOUR HOURS to see him due to his who... receptionist being totally incompetant.

Just for reference- Don't ever ever go Coburg Family Medical Centre.

Now I have a two year old trying to be brave. "Is sore mummy. Is a bit sore" And then the face crumples...

Bastard

UPDATE: The girl seems to be doing a bit better this morning. She slept till nearly 11 so she should be feeling alright... :D She is pointing out all the tummys in a lingerie catalogue at the minute. "Ohhh! Tummy! Tickie tummy. Bery Cute" Has got to be a good sign, right?

Thanks to those who asked after her and sent healing little one vibes our way- I think they did the trick. :)

ANOTHER UPDATE: The girl is fine now! Thank-you so much to everybody who asked after her and sent best wishes.

posted by johana at 5:58 pm

4 Comments:

  • Here's the AMA Code of Practice
    http://www.ama.com.au/web.nsf/tag/amacodeofethics

    Give them a call and make a complaint for breach of the code 1.1 (b) b. Treat your patient with compassion and respect.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:22 pm  
  • Wow. That was quick. I'm going to take her to another doctor tomorrow and if they give me a different answer I might just give them a call.

    If they give me the same answer, I'm going to put it down to blind luck and coincidence but I don't think I'll be able to complain about it...

    By Blogger johana, at 6:30 pm  
  • :( i hope she's loads better by now. (since i'm commenting a whole day later)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:59 pm  
  • Where the hell did this week go? I swear, I saw this post yesterday and was gonna comment... now it's Friday night already!

    Hope all is well.

Post a Comment

« Home