Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Everybody who hates people coming to their door raise their hand

Another little bitch to follow up from last week- Nobody get Origin Energy. I had this guy tuurn up on my doorstep yesterday and he just wouldn't go away. It took me a good 10-15 minutes to get rid of him.I ran through all my get-out-of-my-face lines like:

Me: "OK well I'll think about it and give Origin a call"
Him: No no you can't do that. This is only for door to door sales.
Me: "look I'm sorry but I'm just not interested right now"
Him: Are you not interested in savings or do you not care about the environment?
(Very abbreviated, of course)
He said that AGL doesn't have a Green option which they clearly do.

He kept insisting that I go get my gas and electricity bills so he could compare the rates. I don't know about most people but I'm simply not comfortable getting out personal information and handing it over to aggresive salespeople who rock up at my door.

The only thing that worked was when after being accused of hating the environment quite a number of times, I said "I'm sorry but I'm not comfortable having things pushed at me at my door" He looked at me like I was the worst thing that had happened to the environment since the invention of the car and conceded that yes it was my choice and if that's what I ireally wanted... He actually did this hugely dramatic shakespearian bow as he said this. Jerk.

posted by johana at 9:59 am

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home