Monday, February 21, 2005

The day after yesterday

ok... well after shopping with Miss N Saturday and being horribly spoiled, hanging out with Dr J and co Saturday night, Neurocammy goodness on Sunday afternoon, a three hour Deep and Meaningful with Miss Melly followed by a solid twelve hours of sleep finishing up at 2 pm today, I'm starting to feel a little human again... just.

I can not wait for Mel to be back in Melbourne. Ditto for Dr J as well, although that aint going to be happening for a while yet. I have no clue why people keep leaving Melbourne. Most Livable City in the World kiddos. I mean sure, I would have been out of here like a shot if it hadn't been for the girl, but that's not the point...

My aunty has been over from NZ for the last couple of days. It always ends in tears. My mum always convinces herself about some special sisterly bond they have going on and how they will be just like best friends this time, giggling over vino, chats about shared childhood and kids and families and the like. Then my Aunt gets here and it all comes rushing back to her. The fact that aside from genetics, they really are nothing alike and no, it doesn't have that complimentary effect that some opposites get going. My Aunty can be abrasive, loud and a bit of a bully whilst my mum can be oversensitive and emotional. It all ends in tears. My Aunty leaves. I tell my mum it's all ok and then she pretends that they're all perfect together again... *pulls hair out* I was really looking forward to not having to be the parent one day...

Anyways... 3 hour chats, neurocammy goodness, ugliest kitten in the world snoring in my lap. Happy thoughts of butterflies tickling the air and choirs of leaves rustling in a midafternoon breeze... My girl's getting home this evening and I can't wait to feel her near.

posted by johana at 5:37 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home