Thursday, June 30, 2005

Sammy! Everybody know's now that your mother's not a serial killer!

I don't normally watch morning TV and if I do it's generally kids TV on ABC, which is painful in its own special way but anyhoo... I think it could very well be a great idea if I stick with my anti-morning TV stance. I'm not even watching, just listening and it's making me cranky and like I need to rant at xadey about it. Specifically it's the ads on Kerri-Anne

For instance, a mortgage ad (do people really decide on a lender based on a morning show???)-

"We're so much cheaper than the big 4 banks! Our rate is 5.85%" ...and we have absolutely no perks like rebate or offset accounts and if you pay it off early we'll eat your firstborn...

It even said- "We guarantee that if you're paying the standard variable rate at one of the 4 big banks you will be better off rate-wise with our loan"

*Rate-wise*. You'll still be paying it off when you're 50 but at least you wont be paying those HUGE interest rates that you would be at a reliable lender. We'll prolly tank and take your house with us but hey! At least you wont have paid 0.5% interest extra! You'll *save* $30,000 over the life of the loan with us! Then again if you had stuck with your original lender and paid it off earlier you coulda saved a whole lot more but just ignore that for the minute wont you?

Anyways... *ahem*

I've been sooo busy. Well not the last couple of days. The last couple of days have been declared productive if I've actually managed to get dressed sometime in the early afternoon. (yep. I'm still wearing only a blanket. the heater's on. It's great) But before the last couple of days- b-u-s-y.

There have been coffees with da boyz, trips to the museum, a sick xadey, an excitimo two year old, visits from the mels, redecorations of the ol' house, farewelling my baby girl at the airport, an ultrasound and a whole multitude of other things. Plus I'm 22 weeks pregnant. Is a lot for someone who now waddles rather than walks and who got told "mummy looks like whale" by a certain precocious child.

Much excitement all round really. I'll expand a lil shall I?

We now have a new computer desk! iiieeee! We used to have our corner of sin in our loungeroom with a clunky big desk with lotsa room for crap to fall in the jungle of cords behind it. Now no longer. And the desk has a nifty movable drawer section that's orange. Is much prettier now. IKEA is much too big. They need to make a mini IKEA just with the stuff that I like in it so I don't have to traipse around so damn far and then shift the whole house around to fit bought stuff in. No I'm not unreasonable. It's the waddle. Always blame it on the waddle.

For days- 'I wanna see diiinosaurs!' 'I wanna see the diiiinosaurs!!!'. Along xadey and I dutifully troop for an afternoon at our local museum. We even got us a yearly pass. We admired all the butterflies and the 'sleeping' birds, stuck our heads in plastic bubbles in ants nests, pressed lots of buttons and so forth. She saw her very first human skeleton... and ran screaming. Apparently this one's not destined to be a doctor.

'I wanna see the diiiinosaurs!' ok ok. All she could see was a brontosauruses head- 'I SCARED OF THE DINOSAURS!!!! I DON'T WANNA SEE THE DINOSAURS!!!!! NOOOOOO!'

The hula hoops and other assorted brightly coloured gear in the kids section outside went down a lot better.

The coffees with Tript and Teigs was great. Coffee. Chatting. All the good things you'd expect of going out for coffee. And it only rained a little.

Now the *BIG* news.

I had an ultrasound on Monday. All the stressing and fretting in the lead up to the ultrasound turned out to be all for no good reason. There were 10 fingers and 10 wiggley toes. There was a brain with 2 even sides, apparently a good attribute in a brain. A little mouth that opened and closed with a little tongue that got stuck out at us. A little heart that was beating away. And... a teeny tiny penis... :D Is a boy! :D

So names? Nothing from The Matrix or The Lord of The Rings... Don't even start giving xade ideas... Last thing I need. ; )

Right now it stands as: Dorian Edward. : D

Mmmm... Pfeffers....

posted by johana at 8:23 pm

34 Comments:

  • So the boy takes after Xadey then?
    *giggle giggle giggle*
    hehehe

    By Blogger Tript, at 2:04 pm  
  • *snicker*
    ...

    :D

    You're funny... wrong but funny. ; )

    By Blogger johana, at 2:10 pm  
  • That's right. I have a little heart that beats away...

    By Blogger xade, at 2:49 pm  
  • That was great. I especially liked the way you linked the word 'whale' to a picture of a whale.

    Names:
    Feustus
    Fabian
    Dash short for Dashiell
    Denziel
    Herman
    Spacka
    Pontius
    Goebbels

    By Blogger teigan, at 5:44 pm  
  • : ) I liked that bit too... : )

    No child of mine will ever be called 'Spacka'. I'm going to expand that to pets as well. No child or pet of mine will ever be called 'Spacka'.

    Apparently (according to the brother) thinking of calling him Dorian was going to be causing him physical pain most of the way through highschool. I can not even begin to imagine what Spacka would result in... ; )

    Fabian is good but a little too close to Fabio.
    Dash I like but for some reason it makes me think of Blue Heelers.
    Herman is what I call Huntsman spiders that take to living inside...

    The others could be verging on the 'please! beat me!' line...

    Keep up the suggestions though...

    By Blogger johana, at 6:02 pm  
  • "Lucian Horatio" is my pick.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:44 pm  
  • Pogo
    Toynbee
    Zondu
    Paxton
    Finion
    Malaclypse
    Ipsan
    Pulat

    Dorian is certainly a bad idea if you want him to survive to adulthood.

    By Blogger teigan, at 7:29 pm  
  • Hear hear!! Dorian sucks ass! Bad choice. NOOOO, no godchild of mine shall be called dorian, evil parents even considering such ;)
    Havent laughed as much all week, thanks for the giggles. Who woulda thunked it.....tonsils can grow back and cause you tonsilitis 3 yrs after the big chop! Love to xadey

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:50 pm  
  • Oh, and whats with the pfeffers? Most confudling

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:51 pm  
  • Pfeffers are delicious and most certainly un-nutricious... What reason do you need to refer to them?

    By Blogger johana, at 8:19 pm  
  • Give him a name that only a rock star could have... Like Kelly!

    By Blogger Hamish, at 8:40 pm  
  • Orson
    Putney
    Maxwell
    Blort
    Stourley
    Spanstead
    Cormorant
    Cassowary
    Percy
    Osama
    Sprats
    Juggernaut ('Jugger' for short)
    Virgil
    Pramley
    Goober

    By Blogger teigan, at 2:25 am  
  • Tramwell
    Ubermensch
    Corby
    Lancelot
    Titus
    Banquo
    Quoit
    Stephin
    Pooter
    Xade II
    Yoyo
    Grover
    Sven
    Seven
    Po

    By Blogger teigan, at 2:35 am  
  • Togg
    Bullet
    Campari
    Farex
    Krunk
    Kranki
    Durwood
    Waxwing
    Xul

    By Blogger teigan, at 2:51 am  
  • Piston
    Flagfall
    Drogo
    Spoons
    Goya
    Juan
    Sparlax
    Flux
    Iocus
    Parboil
    Terminus
    Stooky
    Fox

    By Blogger teigan, at 3:03 am  
  • Montana (it would go with Bu's name)
    Bambam
    Beaker
    Paris-France
    Tyrone
    Starbuck
    Learbush
    Hawthorne
    Benedict
    Ringo
    George
    John

    Don't call him Paul, though.

    By Blogger teigan, at 12:06 pm  
  • I like Random, too.

    By Blogger teigan, at 12:10 pm  
  • Chesh- The name was *stolen* from a rock star! And the name of a character in a certain book but - A *rock star*.

    Indy wasnts him to be called Tom but that's just because she obsessed with my step-brother, also called Tom, at the moment...

    Xavier is good...

    By Blogger johana, at 1:33 pm  
  • You don't think *any* of my suggestions are good?!

    By Blogger teigan, at 1:51 pm  
  • : ) There's so many of them.... Did you want me to run through them one at a time?

    I like Ben so Benedict.... but I have a friend Ben so I'm not sure that would work for me... But then I like eggs Benedict. Do I want to name a kiddo after yummy eggs?

    Basically- If you're going to pick artist names you have to pick artists that I like. No clearly inanimate objects or numbers or place names. One state in the family could be enough...

    Starbuck - *never* will my child be called *anything* that could be identifiable with the evil empire. Well maybe if they paid me oodles and oodles of cash and then there's always depoll...

    Oh. And I've had many pets. No pet names. Particularly not ones that I have now. They are Maxximus, Paris and Jupiter.

    I'm not a fan of 'K' names...

    Why not Paul? I stood out in the rain to see Paul...

    Hawthorne I like. But how would you shorten it?

    Is that enough feedback for now?

    By Blogger johana, at 4:30 pm  
  • Teigs- Don't be disheartened though. I'm buying my mum a chicken soon if all goes to plan so you can name her if you'd like, given it's clear you love the name creation business... : )

    By Blogger johana, at 4:32 pm  
  • I have it! I have it!

    Balthus.

    You must name him Balthus. It is the finest name I have thought of this morrow... for it is in troth the only one.

    Balthus! It's all over. Surely you agree?

    >Hawthorne I like. But how would you shorten it?

    I dunno.. Hawth? It is, of course, Lady J's purported surname.

    >Do I want to name a kiddo after yummy eggs?

    I was actually thinking of the Pope.

    >I'm buying my mum a chicken soon if all goes to plan
    >so you can name her if you'd like, given it's clear you >love the name creation business..

    Hmph.

    By Blogger teigan, at 10:41 pm  
  • >Why not Paul?

    Because he's a boring, smug git.

    By Blogger teigan, at 10:45 pm  
  • What about "Lil' Bastard"?

    Amstrad?
    Atari?
    Spectrum?
    Commodore?
    Colecovision?

    IBM?
    Toshiba?

    Wang?

    Oh, I give up.

    Balthus!

    By Blogger teigan, at 10:50 pm  
  • Or what about Grimes?

    I have it on good authority that in a few years everyone and his dog will be calling their son 'Grimes', so you will be able to say you beat the trend.

    Just whatever you do don't call him 'Microsoft'.

    I feel very confident that you won't.

    By Blogger teigan, at 11:31 pm  
  • Teigan wins.

    The child shall be named Grimey.

    Or maybe Balthus. A fine name it is.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:17 am  
  • YAY! I am the WINNER!!

    *basks in glory*

    Hold on a minute.. "Grimey"? You can't call him "Grimey"! That's a ridiculous name.

    People will subconsciously think he is covered in grime if you do that.

    By Blogger teigan, at 12:33 am  
  • SEriously! What are they going to think for 'Grimes'??

    Did I not give specific instructions not to encourage the xade???

    Did you have to pick a name so close to a Simpsons character?

    honestly.

    By Blogger johana, at 12:36 am  
  • He would only be affectionatly know as Grimey. His birth certificate would still read Grimes. Or Dorien, or whatever you know, Grimey it is... or "The dogs"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:37 am  
  • And now you're both being blocked...

    And... not being let anywhere near the birth certificate.

    In fact I think the most just punishment for this would be to boot xadey from the birth certificate and have Teigs instead... Oh yes... Then I would laugh.

    By Blogger johana, at 12:39 am  
  • I agree.

    Grimey.. that's right, he was the self-made man who, as a child, used to earn a living delivering presents to less unfortunate children. That was a classic episode.

    By Blogger teigan, at 8:41 am  
  • Ahem. As much as I hate the evil empire myself, I can't believe that not a single sci-fi geek has stepped forward to defend the original Starbuck.

    By Blogger hester, at 4:28 am  
  • I vote for Trip,
    it's versatile and it'll remind him of his favourite uncle. Me.
    Either that or Xade Junior, just to confuse the hell out of the little bastard.
    Can CP and me be godparents?

    By Blogger Tript, at 1:54 pm  
  • And, aside from a detailled explanation and, most probably, repeated demonstarations, of how to go out and bring home the ladies, what pearls of wisdom would you pass onto the little lad?

    And wouldn't we have to be Catholic for him to have Godparents?

    Lady J: I had the distinct feeling that there was going to be an original 'Starbuck' whose honour somebody would try to defend. Now that I've seen- I stand by my original comment... ;)

    By Blogger johana, at 2:09 pm  
Post a Comment

« Home