Sunday, January 14, 2007

High on...

... pain medication.

Life is good. 

Aside from the fact that I need pain medication.

And the fact that the other medication makes my tongue swell up and me all nauseous and whatnot.

According to all my boxes, I can't drink alcohol (Mr Mysterio will be pleased), take iron or calcium supplements, take aspirin, or (this ones the kicker) get any sun on me. 

And my mental alertness and co-ordination are, evidently, affected.

Ah yeah.  And if I don't eat enough before I take them I may do my bowels and stomach serious damage.  I'm kinda used to - if you don't eat before taking meds you might feel ill, but not - you may do serious damage  to your bowels and stomach so they wont work anymore.  And I can't lie down either, after taking them.  Otherwise, apparently, my oesophagus could very well ulcerate.

Spell check is a wonderful thing. 

So yes.

And I haven't even been properly diagnosed yet.  I go back to the good ol' hospital on Monday.

Wish me luck.

posted by johana at 12:21 pm

7 Comments:

  • kick monday's ass, woman.


    *hugs*

    By Blogger hester, at 1:08 pm  
  • i hope you're ok!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:05 pm  
  • :)

    Ta lady J

    And yeah. Me too Sezy Jane. :D We shall find out what the deal is tomorrow. With any luck they'll tell me I don't need to keep up the dazed and confused routine. I think I can only shirk the responsibility of my childers for so long before I have to actually look after them myself.

    By Blogger johana, at 8:48 pm  
  • >I think I can only shirk the responsibility of my childers
    >for so long

    Yeah, we know what this is *really* about

    heh

    What J said

    By Blogger teigan, at 10:53 pm  
  • :D yes. It's all about getting a couple of weeks off.

    Meanwhile I think I'm going to go insane. This would be the first time in lie 18 months with this much time in front of me with nothing doing.

    And that was thanks to the miscarraige/putting back out combo.

    I need more time off. I'm sure of it.

    Anyhoo... update - the hospital is a jerk. Their ultrasound department in particular. Their closest spot is next Wednesday. So I'll be out of it till then. Oh joy.

    It'd be great if I could actually do anything. Mario, apparently, needs more control than I can muster at the mo...

    By Blogger johana, at 2:49 pm  
  • Stupid hospital. So was there actually any news yesterday?

    *tries to think of fuck-off-painkiller-proof ways to remind Jo to keep her public informed*

    Can I come round and give you a tattoo? I doubt it will hurt much, under the circumstances

    By Blogger teigan, at 6:17 pm  
  • Comment.

    By Blogger Hamish, at 3:42 am  
Post a Comment

« Home